Friday, December 4, 2009

Squash-ed

I’m generally a big fan of any racquet game. My favourite – badminton. Tried tennis and table tennis too! So what’s left? Squash! (Wiki Link)

image image

Never had a chance to actually try this game until just recently. To be exact, had a ‘teaser’ last 26/11/09 and my official 1st time just yesterday – 3/12/09.

Why?

  • Never had access to any squash courts nearby.
  • Don’t know anyone that actually play or very into squash.
  • Not offered in school.
  • No racquet.
  • Always find it technically more difficult or fast-paced than badminton, although I know for a fact that, badminton IS the fastest-paced racquet game, yes, even faster than tennis!
  • My reaction can be very slow ‘coz I’m lazy to move/run.

So thanks to my badminton kakiis TM and Jes, that invited me to join their weekly squash sessions, I finally decided (it took months for me to actually take action) to give squash a try. After all, I have been open to almost any other kinda sports/adventures, why not squash?? Plus, the game actually looked very cool – influenced by Nicol David’s (link) influence. She made squash looked very ‘yao yeng’ / bergaya!

Appreciate that they give me pointers on the game although I can really be the reluctant student! Oh yeah, thanks to Alwin too – the senpai! Glad I gave it a try though I cannot promise I’ll be as dedicated as I am to badminton =p Haha, probably can’t stand the fact too that I think I look extremely silly on court sometimes!

Anyway… why Squash-ed? Well, see picture below!

DSC00064

Arms got bruised for the silly me, kept accidentally swinging my racquet towards my arm. Reason? I’m so not used to swinging the whole arm to make a shot ‘coz I’m too used to using wrist-work (needed in badminton). The bruises made me looked as if I got manhandled or worse - abused! (-_-“)

What’s worst are… I got comments (from my colleagues) that all my ‘wounds/injuries’ looked very ‘wrong’ recently, as in may give people the wrong perception of me… ‘coz i have a hickey-like mark on my neck due to skin irritations and now I’ve got manhandled-like bruises on my arms! LOL but also (-_-“) x infinity!

0 comments: