Sunday, August 24, 2008

Life Updates

  • Am currently busy carrying out my final internship (4 months) at Lembaga Getah Malaysia (LGM) or in English, Malaysian Rubber Board (MRB)'s Biotechnology Unit.

  • My workplace is all the way in Sungai Buloh... so you do all the mileage-time calculation, from Old Klang Road to SB. It's not THAT far... but it's definitely ain't near either.

  • I'm not getting paid for... remunerations / allowance / salary is non-existent so i have to cut back on my expenditure. Most will be spent on PETROL (killer price! even with the lowered fuel price...) and FOOD. *faints* Been spending way too much on food the past week...

  • Shorty's (my pup) growing well and getting naughtier. Must find time to make him listen to me even more and to teach him a few more tricks. He now responds very well to his name, understands what "Hurry Up" means (my indication for him that it's the right place to do his 'big' and 'small' business), "Stay / Wait" and a bit of "Roll Over" and "Shake Hand".

  • Final submission of thesis (3 copies, ring bound) is due Sept 29th! I hope my supervisor gets back to me on my 1st draft a.s.a.p. Not to mention, during Aug - Nov... i'll need to produce 2 written reports on my internship... To my supervisor and the University. Arrgh... paperwork!! Mengacau betul... Not to mention i've got VIVA and more editing to carry out. Eeee

  • I'm going to Avril Lavigne's concert this coming Friday!! Thank God the fuss over whether it should be cancelled has come to an end... Pls, ppl... there are more things to fuss over. Shall not comment too much.. nanti the 'gahmen' ppl complain and wanna arrest me or something for bad-mouthing them.

  • I attended Sloggi / Triumph's event in Sunway Lagoon last Sat (23/8) with Keren, Pei Shin and Chan! Got ourselves some freebies courtesy of Sloggi (bra + undies... LOL), Skin Food, Banana Boat, A Cut Above, Kotex, etc. Tiring? Yes, but pretty fun as well. Thanks Keren & Calvin for the free invites!

  • Izzi Pizza in Bukit Bintang, next to Pizza Hut is pretty good. The pizzas are just nice while the pastas, YUM, though the portion's a bit too small for my liking. Pricing? Pretty costly so MAKE SURE YOU COME with a CITIBANK CREDIT CARD. It entitles you 65% discount!! Now that's more worth it. Celebrated Lu's 23rd bday there on 16/8... After-makan... chilled out at 7atenine. Nice ambience. Love the lemonade! Yes... i don't really do alcohol. Pictures will be posted soon!
... to be continued

6 comments:

TJ said...

ahem, went sunway on Sat huh? =P

Mayz said...

In the end went there...but for less than 3 hrs or so. I was back before evening and slept till dinner time! Haha. My friend practically came to my hse and dragged me out...LOL!

Simon Seow said...

Why Malaysian Rubber geh?

Mayz said...

Haha.. was placed there by my Uni.

Anonymous said...

HellO! haha.. if you don't have a Citibank card, Izzi offers a 50% discount.. So not too bad ler.. I love their Beef & Izzi Pizza...

Mayz said...

Oh yeah.. i remember seeing 50% reduction on the receipt.. but 65% is always better than 50% off.
Wahaha... so calculative hor! *paiseh*